Monday, March 14, 2011

Wake of the Flood


I recently watched a 6 minute video capturing the carnage of the Japanese Tsunami. What started out as a small stream tunneling its way through the streets of some unknown Japanese town, soon turned into an all out massive wall of water. I watched as debris, trash, and even cars were being swept along the tow of water. At one point, the camera focuses on a row of houses that just buckle under the pressure of the ensuing flood. And as I was watching, the Holy Spirit pressed upon me this parable spoken by Jesus:
 “Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.” (Matt 7: 24-27)
My question to you is, is your life built on the solid rock of the Lord Jesus Christ? Because, when the storms of life come, and they will, and even though the debris of life is being swept away, there is nothing safer than having a solid relationship with Christ.
Or, perhaps your life/lifestyle is like that row of homes that just buckle under the pressures of life. You have nothing to hold on to, no solid foundation, no faith, no Jesus. I’m reminded of that old hymn, “On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand.”
If you have a personal relationship with Christ, awesome! This world may float on by, troubles may come, but it is faith that leads you home. For others, don’t be like that “foolish man” who built his faith on the worlds promises. Trust Christ, do it today, do not delay, or “great will be the fall of it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment